Terrifying Nightclub Tragedy
This remarkable photo captures the exact moment when the guitar player of the band Great White turned to notice the start of a fire that would eventually kill 100 people. The tragedy occurred in 2003 at The Station nightclub in Rhode Island.
The fire was started by pyrotechnics that was set off by the headlining band’s tour manager. The pyrotechnics quickly ignited the highly flammable sound insulation in the walls and ceilings of the nightclub. The club was engulfed in flames before any of the onlookers had a chance to escape.
This photo could have just been another selfie taken during a car ride with friends, but it was the last selfie they ever took. What should have been a happy drive to her bachelorette party led to a head-on collision that cut Collette Moreno’s life short. Her friend in the photo, Ashley Theobald survived the crash but Collette suffered fatal injuries.
Train Kid’s Selfie
While people have done a lot of foolish things to get a selfie that stands out, this selfie takes the cake. While it seems hard to believe whether or not Jared Michael is actually right in front of a moving train based on the depth of field, he was…
Luckily, the train conductor was able to spot him just in time. He literally kicked Jared out of the way without having to stop the train, which led to yet another death-defying selfie. We hope this was a lesson for Jared because this train conductor risked his life to save him. Thankfully, they both survived.